Monday, January 4, 2010

Accessorizing with Jewelry

I have never been big into jewelry because I was not sure how to accessorize with certain outfits. I was also not into the trendy jewelry because the styles change from season to season and this can become a big expense for many women. The thought of buying a necklace or a ring that I was going to wear for a few months did not appeal to me. The thought of spending a lot of money on jewelry is not an option when many of us are on a strict budget in these hard economic times.

In order to add pieces of jewelry to my wardrobe that would not cost me an arm and a leg, I decided to purchase antique-style jewelry. This can be anything from a watch to a ring. By using classic pieces to accessories outfits, I have found that not only does it look great; it never goes out of style. Old-fashioned jewelry will not only pull an outfit together, it will also help to enhance certain colors of clothing or even accentuate certain parts of the body. For instance, to show off a new manicure a cameo ring will show off my hands without being too overstated. I have used this trick many times. Not only do many of my girlfriends comment on the manicure, many of them love my cameo ring and always think that is a family heirloom. I just smile and thank them for the compliment. This gives me great joy knowing that I did not spend a lot of money on the cameo rings but by the money I saved can afford a monthly manicure again.

I wear pendant watches with my print dresses. Wearing this type of pendant can serve two functions: one is (obviously) it tells time without having to dig through my purse looking for my cell phone, and it compliments the dress no matter how busy the print is. This is a classic look that I get many pleasing comments on from women and men of all ages.

During the winter months, I wear a lot of sweaters to the office. In order to jazz up a plain solid sweater, I usually wear one of my many antique-styled vintage lockets. These lockets take a casual sweater and instantly make it more dressy and suitable for the office when paired with a skirt or dress slacks. Wearing antique jewelry can help dress up any style of clothing.

2 comments:

  1. I like vintage jewelry too. My grandmother gave me a locket, I always wear it around my nick on special occasions, inside the locket is a picture of my family.

    Shinkumi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really ! This post will be effectively Just about everything looks good displayed.
    _____________________
    Pearl pendant

    ReplyDelete